Athletic and Academic Counseling
Student-Athletes are assigned counselors as are all students thru their perspective college. Counselors review students schedules and review their progress for graduation among other topics. Each head coach assists in tracking their student-athletes attendance in class, grade point averages, and progress towards their degree. The athletic department believes very strongly that academics comes first and foremost and its goal is to graduate 100% of its student-athletes.
Athletic Training and Medicine
The athletic program provides athletic training and rehabilitation to its student-athletes through Tulane Institute of Sports Medicine. The athletic program also provides a staff of team doctors through the Tulane Sports Clinic which is located minutes from the campus. Student athletes can check the hours of the Training Room at the link below:
***The training room schedule is subject to change. Student athletes are encouraged to call the training room at (504) 864-7071 to confirm availability.
The Division of Student Affairs also provides services for student-athletes as well as the whole student body which compliment and enhance the classroom encounter and relate to the total education of the student. These services include:
- University Counseling Center: The mission of the Center is to provide the University with professional services in the area of psychological counseling. In its work with students, the Center recognizes the developmental nature of student life; therefore services may be educational, preventative, or remedial in focus. The Center supports the larger mission of the university to educate men and women for others whose actions are guided by a faith that does justice in a troubled and complex world. The Center serves as a resource to the university community in its areas of responsibility and consults with all university personnel as appropriate. The Center seeks to evaluate the needs of students and the efficiency of operation through research activities. The Center contributes to the development of the counseling field by providing practical training opportunities to graduate students in counseling and social work.
- Career Development Center: The Career Development Center, in partnership with the academic community and employers, empowers students to identify and develop career decision-making and job search skills that help them establish purposeful, intentional, and authentic careers.
- Loyola Dining Services: The Executive Chef at Loyola focuses on providing great food presented at honest values in locations where students get to choose when and where they eat. Loyola students have told us that they do not live by homegrown tradition, so we have designed a program that offers choice, variety, something different and something familiar. Loyola Dining Services prides itself on serving a variety of fresh, made to order meals which are delivered with unsurpassed service in all eight of our dining locations.
- Residential Life: The resident halls are designed to support the academic and personal goals of its residents. It provides an environment to share activities and interests with others through programs implemented by university departments or organizations. The halls aid the student in developing the foundations for everlasting relationships with peers and the experiences of independence and responsibility associated with community living.
- Wellness: A variety of intramurals and recreational activities are available to the student body. Intramurals include flag football, volleyball, basketball, softball, indoor hockey, tennis, golf, and other activities. Recreational activities include aerobics, water aerobics, combatant sports, and other activities.
- Co-Curricular Programs: Is committed to learning beyond the classroom by providing students opportunities to actively engage in orientation & leadership development programs, student governance, and clubs & organizations. They support the mission of Loyola by educating the whole student, encouraging meaningful and accountable citizenship, and promoting interaction within a diverse and global society.
- Student Health: Students may visit the Student Health Center whenever thay are concerned about any type of health or physical problem that they are having. The Student Health Director or their health assistants are always on duty and doctors visit the center on a regular basis to examine patients.
- Danna Student Center: In addition to food services, Student Activities, Student Health, and Counseling, Career Development and Placement, the Danna Student Center is also the home for many other student attractions. The center includes the university bookstore, a lounge area for students to relax between classes, a student art gallery, and the U.S. Post Office.