Renovation to the Sports Complex
The current sports complex is nestled between student housing and the northernmost campus boundary, Freret Street, an active community vehicular and pedestrian corridor. The site is ideal as the center of student athletics. This renovation will re-establish a strong connection with the student body and the main campus, as well as reach out to those traveling by inviting not only students but also the surrounding community into the newly renovated facility.
Phase 1: Basketball Court, Bleachers and Entrance
- New retractable seating for basketball and volleyball games that will increase capacity for community attendance
- Restriping and refinishing a brand new court surface
- New locker rooms for student athletes and renovated locker rooms for general student, faculty, and staff use
- New entrance area and improved services for check-in and concessions
Phase 2: Exterior Modifications
- New prominent media signage tower
- New metal mesh screening at parking garage bays
- New exterior windows created for more natural light and façade enhancement
The Outdoor Den
To serve the needs of our student-athletes, we are quietly nearing the final stages of securing rights to establish a centralized outdoor home for the Wolf Pack. These facilities will allow our student-athletes to practice and compete closer to campus, which will decrease travel times and better enable the Loyola community to attend competitions, thus improving campus spirit and tradition.
These facilities will include collegiate-grade baseball and softball facilities and an all-weather track, as well as installation of an artificial surface on the existing football field. These improvements will be beneficial to Loyola as a way to move our existing programs close to campus, as well as allow the university to introduce new programs including softball, men’s and women’s soccer, and potentially men’s lacrosse, and women’s field hockey.
Current Smaller Projects
- Team Travel Van
- New cushioned team bench chairs for Volleyball, Men’s and Women’s basketball
- Additional weights with official Wolf Pack logo